Over 35 years of roofing expertise for the extreme Minnesota climate
Service, Quality, Affordability.
Our commitment to service and installation excellence is unsurpassed. Service is our primary goal, along with quality, and affordable prices. Because of Twin City Roofing’s status with Owens Corning™ as a Preferred Contractor, we can offer our clients the best installation and material warranty in the roofing industry. For those Minnesota winters, we also offer rooftop snow removal.
At Twin City Roofing we strive to make you the most knowledgeable and satisfied customer around. With that being said, we hope the following information will provide you with enough insight to make an educated decision on your home exterior system. We’ll also install and maintain your gutters to avoid any buildup of leaves and branches.
We are certified master installers in asphalt shingle installation and we have been providing our customers with beautiful new roofing systems for more than 35 years. Asphalt shingle roofing systems have stood the test of time as one of the best options available. Let us guide you through multiple types of looks and solutions. We have developed a personal relationship with the largest suppliers in the country to ensure you get the highest quality products every time from Owens Corning, GAF/ Elk, CertainTeed, and IKO at an affordable price. Ask about our warranty guarantee for each roofing system we install.
Metal Roofing Systems
Twin City Roofing has partnered with local suppliers to offer a wide variety of metal roofing for residential and commercial needs. We offer standing seam, 24 gauge systems to Stone coated steel systems. Metal roofing systems require expert installation to ensure correct application for a lifetime of protection. TCR is an expert in the metal roofing application process.
Twin City Roofing offers a variety of specialty roof products to meet your needs. From EPDM to Durolast systems, Twin City Roofing has certified and trained installation specialists to ensure your project is done right the first time. We also install DaVinci roof systems, which is quickly becoming a great alternative to shingle roofs.
Flat roofs are becoming an increasingly popular choice for your commercial property, and in some cases, your home. They are a flexible alternative to asphalt shingles or metal roofs because they can provide heavy loads of material. This is particularly helpful for Minnesota winters where large snow falls accumulate week after week. There are many people in the Twin Cities looking for a company that would help them choose the proper roof covering, and that is what Twin City Roofing is here to do.
Benefits of a flat roof
- There are many advantages when it comes to building a flat roof. This is one of the most cost-effective methods of roofing alternative due to the fact that it allows the full height of the rooms below to be utilized and it reduces the quantity of required material for roofing.
- Flat roofs, depending on the system selected, are “green” roofs, and can meet Energy Star performance levels, making your roofing system an all-around environmental friendly selection. This can save you money in the heating and cooling department.
- Flat roofs are also considered low maintenance. Because there are no slopes or valleys, they are easier to clean and maintain than a pitched roof.
- Flat roofs also provide the option for recreational or decorative finishes not available with a pitched roof.
- Flat roofs are also convenient for installing large HVAC equipment that otherwise would have to be installed on the ground.
The three most popular flat roof systems that we install are EPDM, TPO and Duro-last.
- EPDM has superior resistance to hail damage for up to 2” hail
- It will not become brittle and shatter due to low temperature flexibility
- EPDM is installed from Minnesota to Texas, showing the extreme temperature fluctuation that it is resistant to
- Due to excellent UV resistance, EPDM materials can be warrantied for up to 30 years
- EPDM was originally designed for pond linings, so compared to many other flat roofing systems, it has superior water resistance and is not affected by pooling or standing water
- TPO systems are often the cheapest flat roofing system and are often widely chosen on this fact
- TPO is a white covering and is also an attractive choice for energy and environmental reasons
- The system comes in smaller rolls which are attached to the roof and to each other
- TPO can be attached mechanically (screwed) or fully adhered (glued) depending on the size of the roof and budget
- The system offers varying thicknesses depending on the nature of the project
- TPO roofs can have some problems with high exposure to UV rays
- Every Duro-Last roof is manufactured to exact size in a controlled factory environment. This eliminates a large portion of rooftop installation seaming and ensures an excellent fit.
- The Duro-Last roofing system is resistant to fire, chemicals, grease, high winds, and punctures, and easily accommodates wide temperature extremes.
- Duro-Last protects the commercial and industrial building owner with either a 15-year full warranty or a 20-year prorated warranty.
- Duro-Last offers a white membrane that qualifies for an Energy Star rating as well as black and our popular rock pattern, ideal for surfaces that will be visible.
- DecTec is a great solution for trafficked areas. It can be used directly over living areas and is ideal for sundecks, patios, balconies, roof decks, boathouses, and garage decks.
- 100% expansion factor allows for expansion and shrinking caused by the variable elements of weather and the element of lumber drying.
- A PVC membrane reinforced and coated to a polyester fabric mat through a spread-coating process provides durability plus UV, mildew and salt resistance.
- Minimal maintenance combined with proven longevity equals low life-cycle costs based on a “per year” expense when compared to alternate walkable roofing options.